Knowledge Ridge (KR) is committed to preserving the privacy of all stakeholders that we interact with. These stakeholders include our clients, experts, other entities/ individuals that KR engages with, and other third parties that visit our website.
2. Personal Information Collection on Our Site
As mentioned above, Personal Information encompasses any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. In this regard, KR may collect, use, store, and/or transfer different kinds of personal data that are categorized as follows
- Identity Information such as first name, last name, title/ salutation, and gender
- Contact Information such as address(es), email addresses, telephone numbers (landlines & mobile)
- Technical Information such as including internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Site (Please note that such data are collected automatically as soon as you access our website)
- Usage Information such as how you use our website, products, and/or services
- Expert Profile Information such as resume, academic & professional background, and relevant career history
- Marketing & Communication Information that includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and third parties and your communication preferences
- KR may also collect, use, and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose
We do not intend to collect the following special categories of personal data about you: your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data.
3. How KR Collects Your Data
There are two fundamental means by which KR collects your data;
- data that you provide to us (this includes information collected via direct interactions, and when you fill up our Expert Sign-Up Form and/or Contact Us Form)
- data that is collected automatically by our Site (such information is predominantly recorded via cookies, server, logs, and other similar technologies)
Furthermore, we may receive personal information about you from various third parties and public sources. These include, but are not limited to, analytics, technology, & hosting providers, business networks, data brokers, and/or aggregators and from publicly availably sources.
4. Usage of Your Personal Information
Most of the data collected is primarily utilized towards ensuring that our Site functions appropriately. No data transmission over the Internet or website can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion. However, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information in accordance with data protection legislative requirements.
Personal Information collected is also used to better understand how visitors use our Site. Additionally, we may use your Personal Information on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide services; (3) where required by applicable law; (4) where necessary to protect the vital interests of any individuals; or (5) where we have a legitimate interest.
We restrict access to your Personal Information to those persons who need to use it for the relevant purpose(s). Our retention periods are based on business needs and your information that is no longer needed is securely either archived or destroyed.
We may process your Personal Information to comply with regulatory requirements or interact with regulators as applicable which may include disclosing your personal information to third parties, the court service and/or regulators or law enforcement agencies in connection with enquiries, proceedings or investigations by such parties anywhere in the world or where compelled to do so. Where permitted, we will direct any such request to you or notify you before responding unless to do so would prejudice the prevention or detection of a crime.
5. Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
With regards to your Personal Information, please note that you have the following rights.
- Right to request access to your Personal Information
- Right to request completion or correction of your Personal Information, if it is incomplete or inaccurate
- Right to data portability i.e. request to receive your Personal Information in a standard machine-readable format
- Right to withdraw consent to processing of your Personal Information
- Right to lodge complaint with competent regulatory authorities
If you have any questions in relation to our use of your personal information, please drop us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To exercise your rights, KR may require specific information from you to confirm your identity and ensure compliance with your rights regarding your Personal Information. Such a security measure ensures that your Personal Information is not disclosed to any unauthorized person.
Please note that we strive to respond to all authentic requests within one month. If a request is particularly complex or you have made several requests, we may take longer to respond but will keep you updated in a timely manner.
6. Data Protection
KR has implemented appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Information from being lost or accessed in an unauthorized manner. Furthermore, we limit access to your Personal Information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. Such individuals/ entities shall only process your Personal Information based on our instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
To safeguard against the unlikely event of a security breach, KR has implemented procedures to deal with any such suspected data breach. KR will immediately notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. The anonymous data collected and tracked is not shared with any third party and is only used to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
0.1. Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service
0.2. Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings
0.3. Analytics Cookies: Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
8. Analytics and Advertising